The world’s first COTS object-oriented DO-178 B qualified HMI tool, VAPS XT-178 is a safety-critical software package for creating embedded display graphics for avionics projects intended for RTCA DO-178 B certification. VAPS XT-178 retains the core features of the popular object oriented VAPS XT HMI tool and adds features that allow the end user to claim credit towards their certification requirements.
VAPS XT-178 is based on the popular object oriented VAPS XT HMI tool and retains all of the core features of this tool.
VAPS XT-178 advantages for DO-178 & Safety-Critical Applications
- As an object-oriented, XML-based HMI tool, VAPS XT-178 is highly flexible that allows the user to create custom widgets, save them, and re-use them from project to project
- VAPS XT-178 can be used to certify both ARINC 661 and non ARINC 661 applications
- VAPS XT-178 has been created by the same engineering team that developed the widely successful VAPS Qualifable Code Generator (QCG) DO-178B qualified product that has been used across over 20 programs worldwide
Why use a qualifiable tool and code generator like VAPS XT-178?
By greatly reducing the effort required within the software design, coding, and testing phases of the graphics display development lifecycle, VAPS XT-178 dramatically shortens the time required for developing certifiable embedded software products. The end user or customer may utilize the documents and test cases provided with the product in order to obtain credit for the tool qualification as part of the total system certification. VAPS XT-178 eliminates much of the qualification and testing the customer might need to accomplish in designing and certifying a proprietary, custom architecture in place of using a proven commercial-off-the-shelf software tool architecture.
VAPS XT-178 includes
- Qualifiable CODE nGEN (C++ code generator)
- Certifiable Runtime Libraries
VAPS XT-178 Options
- CertKit (DO-178B artifacts including requirements, designs, tests and review records)