Version 4.0.1 – New Features & Enhancements
ARINC 661 Support
Presagis enhances its support for ARINC 661 with new out-of-the-box widgets and infrastructure enhancements specific to ARINC 661 standards:
- The UDP integration library makes it easier for users to develop distributed ARINC 661 compliant systems out-of-the-box. Also supports integration with the Flexible Software Solutions (FSS) UA Emulator and UA2products.
- Expanded widget library with 16 new pre-built and coded widgets means getting started faster and less coding
- Infrastructure enhancements support faster creation of ARINC 661 widgets and enhanced support for UA Layer development
General Design, Usability, and Performance
Release 4.0.1 also incorporates a wide range of design, usability, and performance improvements in order to help users simplify and streamline their HMI development:
- Graphical canvas drawing usability enhancements for extremely precise modeling and design
- Text improvements: multi-line text object, haloing on vector fonts, text string pop-up editor
- CODE nGEN usability enhancements, including significant improvement in build times
- Many other useful functional enhancements and performance improvements
Licensing and Development Environment Updates
- License borrowing tool now supports bundles for increased flexibility
- Pre-compiled libraries for Visual Studio 2008 for Windows XP 32-bit and Visual Studio 2010 for Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
- Development environment: Windows 7 / Visual Studio 2010
Version 4.0 – New Features
ARINC 661 Support
In this next generation release, Presagis enhances its support for ARINC 661 with more built-in widgets and infrastructure elements specific to ARINC 661 standards, in order to provide a complete ARINC 661 Cockpit Display System (CDS) Development Solution. New features include:
- Style Sets
- Picture Support
- Entry Validation
- Layer Instantiation
- Text Editing Enhancement
- Fixed Point Enhancement
- Shape Styling
- Angular Linear Replicate
Usability Enhancement Features
Release 4.0 also incorporates many general usability enhancements to the development environment in order to improve user workflow and productivity. Enhancements and features include:
- More Graphical Primitives
- Action Language
- Cursor Support
- Picture Support
- Sparse Array Support
- Pop-Up support
- Built table elements support
- Rotation and Translation of Built Objects
- Data type compatibility check
- Large Project Loading
Version 3.2.1 – New Features
Windows 7 Support
The VAPS XT 3.2.1 patch adds support for Windows 7 in 32-bit compatibility mode.
Version 3.2 – New Features & Enhancements
New Option: DO-178 CertMode
- DO-178 CertMode is a new license-activated feature for projects requiring DO-178B up to level ‘A’ certification.
- DO-178 CertMode provides a root project including all of the objects supported with certification artifacts in VAPS XT-178 CertKit.
- DO-178 CertMode also provides specific code generator functionality to assist with the development of certifiable graphics, for example VAPS XT-178 produces warnings related to potential ‘illegal or safety issues’ within the application.
- By activating the DO-178 CertMode feature, a standard VAPS XT for Embedded Systems license is upgraded to a VAPS XT-178 license.
VAPS XT \ SeaWind Integration
VAPS XT and SeaWind now come pre-integrated on standard embedded platform configurations. Both VAPS XT and SeaWind have been tuned and optimized to ensure strong interoperability between the products.
Major Code Generator Improvements
The VAPS XT code generator CODE nGEN has been updated and improved to meet stringent coding standards, applying over 300 rules from MISRA C++, HIC++, Effective C++, JSF++, and internal Presagis coding standards.
- Code Generation Time Stamp: A new option has been added to VAPS XT to include a time stamp in CODE nGEN output.
- ARINC 661 RotationContainer: The ARINC 661 RotationContainer has been upgraded to better meet the ARINC 661 standard. Widgets placed within the RotationContainer now have their coordinates referenced to the first parent with a PosX and PosY reference point; that is, the coordinates of child objects are now referenced to the center of rotation.
- Removed dependency on Visual Studio MFC libraries: VAPS XT now supports Visual Studio 2008.